Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
Recently, Amber aka Lady Lovely Blogger nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I am proud to be a member the sisterhood and am honored that Amber choose me.
To accept this awesome award, I must
1. Tell you 7 things you didn’t know about me.
2. Nominate 5 bloggers
Seven Things You Just Don’t Know About Me:
1. I love people and enjoy being around them, but I have to have a lot of alone time to recharge.
2. When someone asks me to cut my flowers so they can take some home with them; I always ask in horror “You want me to murder my flowers?”
3. My major in college was “History with an emphasis in Historic Preservation.” My minor was “American Culture and Intellectual History.” I cannot say my minor without a huge smirk on my face. It just sounds so pretentious and that is so not me; even as I sit here writing it out, there is a smirk on my face.
4. I am a Star Trek fan, probably not to the point of being labeled a Trekkie. I have watched and re-watched all the TV series, the movies and read a ton of Star Trek books, but you will not find me in costume at a Star Trek convention.
5. Things like keys, glasses, and watches disappear on me all the time. It’s not always me being careless where I put things. I have witnesses. For instance, I had a watch disappear for three years then come back to me. I took the watch off at my mother’s house laid it on the counter, when it was time to go home my watch was nowhere to be found. Three years later, my mother found it in her couch cushions. At that time in her life, my mother would rearrange the furniture at least four times a year. I personally helped her several times by taking all the cushions out of the room then moving the various pieces of furniture. The watch was not there. What is even weirder is that watch had a battery that only lasted about a year before it needed changing. When it reappeared, the watch was still ticking AND I didn’t have to replace the battery for a year. I still wonder where it went for three years. Some place where time doesn’t exist?
6. Speaking of watches; I no longer wear one, because watches will not keep correct time when I’m wearing them. A friend of mine always insists on going in my car, because she loves to monitor the clock in there. It tickles her that it will be 17 minutes ahead one day then the next it might be an hour and 12 minutes ahead. I just realized that it is always ahead, never behind. I wonder if that means something. I can tell you why it just from 17 minutes to an hour and 17 minutes – I was caught in a traffic nightmare when we traveled to Nashville for the day. I not one to have road rage, but apparently I send out enough get-me-out-of-here energy that time moves.
7. I enjoy looking at my blog stats by country. It just amazes me that people around this planet are reading my words. I am blessed.
My 5 Nominates:
Please visit the blogs of my sisters, they are such lovely ladies and would be proud to see you.
Life is good! God is great! All is right in my world!
Congratulations Genie You deserve it! Wow 88 awards – amazing! Thank you for all your encouraging words to me. Keep on writing your heart out 🙂
Not 88 awards, somewhere around 10 or so. The awards asked for anywhere from 5-15 nominates. I added up all the times I shared the love not the number of awards.
oh wow that’s even better! What a generous spirit you have 🙂
Thank you so much Genie for both nomination. Please visit my blog to see The Act of Giving and Receiving where I linked to your blog. 🙂 Thank you again.
Thank you so much Melbra. It means a lot to me that you are supporting me.
Keep up the good work and lots of blessing!