Thank you to Colour The Day, who nominated me for One Lovely Blog Award. I am tickled that my blog is appreciated and considered lovely.
- Give generous thanks to the blogger that nominated you
- Write Seven things about your self
- Make a list of 15 bloggers you admire and let them know how awesome they are!
Seven Things about Me:
1. The first word I said was “RC.” I’m sure when my parents got over their disappointment that I didn’t say “Mama” or “Daddy” first, they had a laughing fit. For those of you, who wouldn’t have a reason to know what this is – RC is the name of a soft drink. The first word I spelled out in first grade was “Pepsi,” another soft drink. My teacher wasn’t amused, but my parents were. They celebrated by buying me an ice-cold Pepsi.
2. Speaking of soft drinks, I used to addicted to them. This past April was my nine-year anniversary of being soft drink free. I would love to say I have broken my addiction, but I still on occasion crave a soft drink. However, I am strong-willed and I refused to get sucked back into that addiction.
3. I love wearing dangling earrings and have many, many of them. I store my earrings in my bathroom by hanging them from wire shelving. Often my friends have a hard time leaving the bathroom, because they are admiring my earrings.
4. I love rocks. When I lived in Louisiana in a place that was sadly lacking in rocks, I had a hard time dealing with that. So whenever I visited relatives in Tennessee, I would bring back a bucket of rocks back. I love holding rocks and feeling their vibration. (Everything on this planet including us is made of energy and energy has a vibration.)
5. I have trouble picking out my favorite of anything. I don’t know if this is a defect or just a reflection of living in the moment.
6. My main job as a kid was to mow the yard. I loved it for several reasons: I was outside, I would make up stories and songs as I mowed the yard and I got to wear my mowing outfit, which was a knee-length cotten forest green dress and my straw hat that I added different colored hair ribbons to so they dangled down the sides of the hat. For some reason this outfit was my child-self’s of the perfect mowing outfit and I wouldn’t wear any part of it unless I was mowing.
7. My mother had 13 siblings (only one uncle still living) and my father had four siblings; most of my aunts and uncles had children. I have a ton of cousins. There are so any that I haven’t met most of them.
Every one of these blogs are so lovely that you should visit them right now to brighten your day.
Life is good! God is great! All is right in my world!