Versatile Blogger Award
I want to thank Mystic Circle for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I appreciate Mystic Circle for honoring my blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you and write a post about it.
- Share 7 things about your Self.
- Pass the award on to 10 to 12 bloggers you enjoy, link to their blogs, and let them know you nominated them.
7 Things about Me:
1. I wrote and probably will write again for Yahoo Voices under the name Genie Walker. I have a lot of reviews of books, food and products, southern humor, spiritual essays, poems, recipes, and whatever else came to mind.
2. I have only owned four cars. The car I currently own, I bought used in 2003; the one before that I had 13 years before trading it in.
3. My father had my name picked out before he even met my mother. The man wanted girls and he was blessed with two daughters.
4. Regina is the name my father gave me; it means queen.
5. I enjoy quotes. Up to this point I have rarely used a quote in my blog posts, but I take much pleasure in reading quotes from all cultures and time periods. It tickles me that the truths of our earthbound life is unchanging and known all over the world.
6. I notice colors. As a child, I noticed that when couples wore contrasting colors that their relationship was on rocky ground or they could be temporarily ticked off with each other. Next time you see a happy couple, notice what they are wearing.
7. I’ve never been called graceful. I run into doorways all time. If there is a piece of furniture sticking out – I will run into it. If there is a pair of shoes in an empty room – I will fall over them.
Life is good! God is great! All is right in my world!
Yeah! Yahoo! & Congratulations again!
Congratulation Genie! I hope you don’t suffer too many bruises walking into to objects.
I’m covered in bruises. 🙂
Thank you Jenny!
Hey, here’s another thing we have in common! I have had only one little truck my entire life, from the age of 23-42. My father gave it to me for free after college, and I figured free was a good price to pay for a car, so I kept it. I’m only now getting rid of it and trading it for my mother’s car (she just moved far, far away), because it no longer passes inspection bodywise. Still runs fine, though! But now every time I see my mother’s car out the window in the driveway, I automatically think, “Hey, Mom’s here,” and then have to remember that she isn’t. That’s very weird.
Oh, and I notice colors too! Did you know that? Yeah, you knew that. Hee hee. 🙂
Yeah, I had a feeling you noticed colors too. 🙂
I’m trying to out do my 13 year record with my current car. So far so good. The only major thing I have had to do to it was repair the ac (last month).
You go, girl! I’m just excited that my new car HAS a.c., which the old one never did. And a radio! With the music and the talking people in it! Aaahh, progress. 🙂
You are funny! I can remember when I finally got a car that had FM radio – I am still excited about that. No ac wouldn’t work here in Tennessee – it’s just too hot.
It’s always a pleasure learning more about you. Moreover, I plant to check out some of these blogs. I also keep cars for as long as I can. I get attached to them.
Thank you! As long as my car takes me to point A to point B and back again – I will keep it. I’m not really into cars.
Congratulations Genie – as always, well deserved!
Thank you Mimi!
Thank you very much. I am so glad that you enjoy my blog. I have decided not to participate in awards; the fact that you read my blog is reward enough for me. Thank you once again.
Okay. I am just glad I found your blog.
Thank you, Genie. That means a lot.