One Lovely Blog Award
I’ve recently been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Spilled Cookies and by Magnolia Beginnings in the same week (in that order). I’m tickled pink, grinning and feeling very good about my blog thanks to these two lovely ladies.
I’ve been going back and forth on my big decision: should I combine these two nominations or follow my own rule of one post per award nomination. Sometime in the future, I may have to rethink this, but today I have decided to stick to my rule and there will be another post in the future accepting the second nomination. Today I am accepting Spilled Cookies nomination with a huge smile.
The Rules for Award participation are:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
3. Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award.
5. Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
Seven Facts about Myself:
1. I love sunshine it just makes my day better. When I was house hunting years ago, one of my requirements was that my new home had to have a lot of light.
2. I know what I like and am not afraid to speak up, so I often come across as picky to others. For example when I talked to my realtor before buying my home and gave her my list of “I have to haves” her eyes crossed. What she said was there will not be a lot of houses that meet my list. My answer “I only need one.” That got a laugh. My home met all my requirements except two: one was an easy fix and the other I learned that I really shouldn’t have had that requirement on my list.
3. Due to my way too long list of medical issues my memory is hit or miss. I might remember or not; some days are better than others. An example: when someone makes a comment referring to something I wrote, I often have to reread my post to know what they are talking about. It can be annoying if I let it, but then again I’m writing my posts to remind me of lessons learned so rereading them is what I need to do.
4. I believe in angels.
5. I have two godsons, who were old enough to pick anyone they wanted and they choose me; which is only fair, because I choose them to be my boys before they were born. I love them dearly.
6. I enjoy being nominated for awards, because somewhere in the world someone is thinking positive thoughts about me and enjoyed my blog enough to honor it. That tickles me. Then there is the added bonus that I get to nominate others to share the love. That tickles me. Sometimes I am required to add random facts about myself which is fun to do. I’m 53 and have built up a lot of facts; the trick is picking one that someone might be interested in reading. I get to think about all the good stuff in my life and be grateful all over again. That tickles me.
7. To keep track of my nominates I have created an excel document with a list of websites. Yes, I’m that geeky. So far I have shared the love 88 times (counting this post). And yes, that tickles me.
My 15 Nominates:
Please visit these lovely blogs for yourself, I’m sure you will find them lovely as well.
Life is good! God is great! All is right in my world!
Thank you for the nomination!
Pingback: Thank You & Welcome… « SOMETHINGVILLE.com
Congratulations, Genie for the award, and thank you for my nomination.
You are welcome! You do have a lovely blog.
Hi Genie, Congrats to you on getting the award! And thanks for nominating my blog!
Thank you and you are welcome.
Genie! Way to go. 🙂
Thank you Marie!
Congratulations! Thanks for stopping by my blog from time to time; thank you so much for your support.
I enjoy your blog so coming by is no hardship. 🙂 Thank you and I’m glad you are visiting my blog.
Thank you Kathy!
Your welcome Genie!
Congrats! Thanks for sharing – Happy Sunday!
Thank you and I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.
Marvellous Genie, many congratulations!
Thank you so much!
Thank you! 🙂
Congrats Genie. You are twice a lovely as I first thought!
You are so kind. Thank you!
Congrats Genie! You deserve the award. All the best, Jenny
Thank you Jenny!