Versatile Blogger Award
If you are like me, my first question was what is a Versatile Blogger Award? I did a little research and came up with – no one knows the details. That’s okay, because what I did find out is this award is for the bloggers, whose writing has touched the nominator. I am awed that http://spilledcookies.com/ nominated me for this award and I am grateful.
1. Thank the person, who nominated you – include a link back to their blog.
2. Tell seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers.
4. Post the image of the award in your acceptance post.
Seven Things about Myself:
1. I write my blog as a daily reminder of my path. So my blog posts are really journal entries that are a combination of reminding myself of what I already know and absorbing what I just learned. There may come a point that I contradict myself, because I have had a new spiritual insight. Looking forward to finding out.
2. I love to do genealogy research. The first time I got involved in genealogy, it was about finding out about the people who had part in creating me and I wanted to know just where did these folks come from? I stopped doing it for about 20 years, because well, life got busy. I started doing genealogy again last year; because I discovered that it is a great tool to help me recover from my latest stroke. Nothing like a real puzzle to get your brain ticking along and there is the bonus of finding and meeting relatives you didn’t know you had. For example, I found one of my mother’s uncles still living. My mother is nearly 80, so I didn’t expect that at all. He’s a half uncle who is only a few years older than my mother.
3. I can’t figure out how to work my ipod. I bought one several years ago with the idea that I would put music on it for my Reiki sessions. I figure it would be better than a CD which usually finishes before I am finished with the session.
4. I love color. Every room in my house is a different color. When I moved in each room was white walls with white trim. Boring!!! I have a blue room with what I call eggplant purple trim. The rest of the house has butter colored trim. The other colors: peach, green, Navaho white (the walls were yellow, but it bugged my mother so I changed it); lavender and what I described to the painter “I want the color of the inside of a pumpkin after it has had all the spices for a pumpkin pie added – before it is cooked.” And that’s what I got. The blue room used to be a tied dyed room with parrot green trim. The background color on the walls was parrot green, and then I sponged on yellow and two shades of blue. It looked awesome, but the colors were fading so I replaced it. I have to tell you that when I sponged on the last layer, I cried when it was still wet, because it didn’t match my vision. Once it was dried; it was wonderful! There is a spiritual lesson in there somewhere.
5. I love to giggle and I take life too seriously at the same time. I prefer to be the giggler all the time, but that serious side is strong. I truly need to relax and giggle more.
6. I love listening to the birds in our yard. If I can’t be outside, then I want the windows open so I can hear them better. The windows are open and I heard a bird singing now as I write. Awesome!
7. I enjoy finding bloggers whose posts inspire me to be a better me.
My Nominates for the Versatile Blogger Award:
Life is good! God is great! All is right in my world!