One Lovely Blog Award
So, in accordance with accepting this award ~ these are the guidelines:
* Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
* Share 7 things about yourself
* Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
* Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
Thank you Jenny for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award, I feel so honored and a bit speechless. Jenny’s beautiful blog is Jenny’s Serendipity.
Seven things about me:
1. Genie is my nickname given to me by a friend, who thinks I’m magical. I have had the nickname just under 20 years now. I don’t think I’m any more magical than anyone else, but I enjoy being called Genie. Every time someone calls me Genie, it reminds me that I have the potential of being magical.
2. I work extremely hard to be a positive force for good. Each day, I choose to be happy and to be filled with joy – no matter what is going on around me. I will admit some days it is easier than others to feel positive and glow with sunshine. While it may not be possible to change what is going on around me, I do have the option of how I react.
3. I carry joy around with me: spiritually, mentally and physically. Really! I have a red metal Christmas ornament that is the word “Joy” attached to my purse. I literally carry joy with me.
4. I’ve had a bunch of baby sized strokes and at least one toddler sized one that attacked the part of my brain that controls language skills. My brain often substitutes one word for another that starts out with the same letters and my tenses sometimes get scrabbled. For example: I might say or write “I have fun riding on my house around the parade.” What I meant to say or write was “I had fun riding on my horse around the park.” As a result I read and re-read my posts before uploading them to get out all these fun substitutes. Even then, I sometimes need to update my posts, because something got by me. I’m noticing that sometimes when I make a comment I mess up. If I make a comment that makes no sense, bring it to my attention and I will try again. This has been a humbling experience for someone who loves to write and play with words. I accept this about myself and am willing to correct any mistakes my brain makes without having to put myself down for being wrong once again. It is what it is. Besides sometimes the substitute words are so funny, it makes me laugh.
5. I write because of a deep need inside of me. Writing helps me sort out what I’m thinking and feeling. If I am not able to write or I just do not write, because of laziness I feel out of sorts. So now you know why I blog – I have to.
6. I am always early; in fact I arrived in this world six weeks earlier than expected – feet first. I’m still arriving places early and am always eager to start the next phase of my life. Some things just don’t change.
7. I love comments. I even like it when someone disagrees with me and makes a comment telling me so. This makes me reevaluate what I have written; which will either led to me changing my opinion/beliefs or led me to be stronger in my opinion/beliefs. I also enjoy leaving comments, but thanks to my battle-scarred brain, I cannot always think clearly enough to say more than “great post” or just click on the like button.
15 bloggers that inspire me:
Check Jenny’s and these 15 bloggers out, each is truly talented and inspiring.
Life is good! God is great! All is right in my world!